Message Board Thread - "Electrical problem in commercial building"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Electrical problem in commercial building alad711@aol.com 9/4/2008
I was performing IR scan of an office with my EX320. About 10 minutes before a commercial dehumidifier and some air movers were removed. They were in there for a water damage that came from the TS Fay. My camera happen to capture the therogram you see. It eminated from the electrical out let about 6 ft up the wall and then ran to the right adjacent wall. The IR photo is only one section not the total area of the anomally. I want to know if this is normal even for a commercial building or not. I have never seen this before this incident. Can any one tell me what did I capture?

Re:Electrical problem in commercial building Laland 9/5/2008
can you post a visual image of this IR image

Re:Electrical problem in commercial building alad711@aol.com 9/6/2008
Laland wrote:
post a visual image of this IR image
No because no matter how small I try to make the digital photo thr browse does not accept the photo. Email me at alad711@aol.com and or tell me how the heck do you get a dital photo in because I can't.

Re:Electrical problem in commercial building Laland 9/11/2008
can you not use any digital camera and post it.

Re:Electrical problem in commercial building alad711@aol.com 9/11/2008
Laland wrote:
not use any digital camera and post it.
I am trying again to insert the digital photo of the IR photo above.

Re:Electrical problem in commercial building Risk Manager Dan 10/7/2008
My guess is that the fans were plugged into the outlet which warmed up the wiring. One of the wires takes a jog to the right, passing through a stud. After 30 minutes it should have disappeared.
Also if you're having trouble getting your photo files accepted by your email program try "re-sizing" your photo (not just shrinking it) to <100KB. You'll need to use a very basic photo software application.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012