Message Board Thread - "New Business Venture Need Help!"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
New Business Venture Need Help! gbrady 10/20/2008
I have been a general contractor for 32 years and am considering thermography as a new business venture. Are people finding this business to be a strong market in a down economy? I am considering going to the convention in Nevada, to pursue this further. Any advice is much appreciated.

Re:New Business Venture Need Help! alad711@aol.com 10/21/2008
I was in the water damage restoration business for 29 years. I just resonantly started a thermal imaging company. I have not had too much success in getting work. If you you find out how to market thermal imaging please let me know. My email address is; alad711@aol.com If any one else out there has any ideas please email me.

Re:New Business Venture Need Help! Thermal Inspection Guy 11/5/2008
alad711@aol.com wrote:
n the water damage restoration business for 29 years. I just resonantly started a thermal imaging company. I have not had too much success in getting work. If you you find out how to market thermal imaging please let me know. My email address is; alad711@aol.com If any one else out there has any ideas please email me.
Big trouble. Thermal inspections sounds like a great business to be in. Maybe you were told that you were the only contractor on block with a great camera. Everyone needs a thermal inspection, right!
This is a tough business. Very hard to get work. I spent $ 50,000.00 on Flirs P-640, now it sets like a paper weight. They will tell you that a business plan will help. The problem is, very few home owners know about thermal. Very hard to get across. Business owners do not want to spend money on something they do not understand. We have contacted well over 1000 business owners in our area, call me back in 6 months is what most of them say.
We have made some money off of our camera however not enough to pay the lease!
The IR camera makers have flooded the market with these cameras and you will find out that most larger companies have there own.

Re:New Business Venture Need Help! gbrady 11/5/2008
Thermal inspection guy where are you from and why did you buy such an expensive camera if you did not know the market in your area? You can e-mail me if you like. gbrady@townisp.com

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012