Message Board Thread - "Videotaping in Infrared Problems"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Videotaping in Infrared Problems Infraredhitech 10/21/2008
I just bought a brand new cowon d2 and I'm trying to hook it up to my T-360. I don't know if it is the cowon or the camera. Has anyone out their done the same? I would love to get these working together as soon as possible. Thanks

Re:Videotaping in Infrared Problems IRJay 10/21/2008
it looks like the cowon d2 does not support video input. It plays vidoes but does not record them. You need a DVR that records video not just a player. I use a Archos 700 AV.

Re:Videotaping in Infrared Problems Infraredhitech 10/21/2008
Are you kidding me? Every article I looked at told me it was. I got the Idea to buy one from Ron Lucier, he said to do it to tape all my inspections.

Re:Videotaping in Infrared Problems manuel-thermoimagen 10/22/2008
agree with irjay..

cowon d2 is a video/audio PLAYER not a recorder.

the only thing it records it is a voice. check the specifications all around internet.

Re:Videotaping in Infrared Problems manuel-thermoimagen 10/22/2008
look for ARCHOS, maybe you can investigate for "Archos AV4100"

Re:Videotaping in Infrared Problems Infraredhitech 10/22/2008
Well do you know anybody that needs a Brand New Cowon D2?

Re:Videotaping in Infrared Problems Doctir bob 10/22/2008
Cowon makes a portable DVR, the Cowon A3. Google on this for more information. Perhaps you can return your d2 and swap for the A3.

Re:Videotaping in Infrared Problems Infrared Cameras Inc. 10/22/2008
The easiest way I have found for recording video from IR camera is with a laptop and CamStudio (Freeware) - It might not be the perfect solution, but it works rather well. I am not entirely sure about the T-360, but with our cameras we have a video out, our software allows for real time viewing of the camera, and I use Camstudio to record directly from my desktop.

Make sure you adjust the options on the Camstudio software to record in the highest resolution.

But of course you will have to have a computer/laptop with a video input.

Good Luck,
Kirk Eason
Web Admin
Infrared Cameras Inc
http://www.infraredcamerasinc.com

Re:Videotaping in Infrared Problems Infraredhitech 10/24/2008
IRJay wrote:
s like the cowon d2 does not support video input. It plays vidoes but does not record them. You need a DVR that records video not just a player. I use a Archos 700 AV.
It says you have to have it connected to a docking station can you explain to me how you use it.

Re:Videotaping in Infrared Problems Infraredhitech 10/28/2008
Thanks guys I ordered a Cowon A3 we'll see how that works.

Re:Videotaping in Infrared Problems Infraredhitech 10/30/2008
I LOVE IT!!!! I haven't performed any inspections with it yet. But just playing around with it I'm so excited. The cheapest price I found it was from Amazon.com it took a little bit for me to get it to download onto my computer. I had to look in their forums and find out what I was doing wrong. Come to find out that my computer needed new codes or something in order to get the video to show. Even better I downloaded it onto my phone. So when I'm with a customer I can eventually show them a "video sample" and hopefully win the job even faster. This just opened up a whole new can of worms. I'm putting videos on my website, at trade shows, it's never ending. THANKS Doctir Bob for recommending the Cowon A3.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012