Message Board Thread - "Report size too large."

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Report size too large. T. R. 10/21/2008
Anyone have suggestions on how to reduce the report size in terms of computer space; i.e. Megabytes. I am using Windows XP Home Ed. with the Thermacam Prof. Ed. 8.2, and anytime I go over 25 pictures(of IR & visual) or so the report causes the operating system to run extremely slow when saving, making changes, and opening the report.

Re:Report size too large. TDLIR 10/21/2008
T. R. wrote:
have suggestions on how to reduce the report size in terms of computer space; i.e. Megabytes. I am using Windows XP Home Ed. with the Thermacam Prof. Ed. 8.2, and anytime I go over 25 pictures(of IR & visual) or so the report causes the operating system to run extremely slow when saving, making changes, and opening the report.
Your digital pictures may be to large.

Also your computer may not have enough speed and RAM. Also if your hard drive is almost full this will slow your system down. In a PC point of view, there are so many things that can slow it down. When doing a report, try not to have anything else running in the background (anti virus, music, email, etc..).

But you can start with taking your digital pictures in a lower res resulting in a lower file size. Unless you absolutely need the highest res.

Hope these pointers help somewhat.

Sonny James

Re:Report size too large. Christiane 10/22/2008
Take a look into FLIRs custhelp system using this link: http://flir.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/360/kw/compressing/r_id/166/sno/1.

Christiane

Re:Report size too large. T. R. 10/22/2008
Wow, both suggestions were great. Thank you for the help. The link above has outstanding help for this situation if anyone else needs this type of assistance.

Re:Report size too large. manuel-thermoimagen 10/27/2008
WOOW.
excelent!!
it works!!!

Re:Report size too large. zamir 11/5/2008
An easy fix to reduce a report's size is to convert it to a .pdf file. This can be done within the Thermacam application. I have reduced files several Mb down to a few hundred Kb. This has the added benefit of being (somewhat)tamper-proof.

Re:Report size too large. ed@RBinfrared 11/13/2008
The .pdf conversion is a great idea. It is an industru "standard" , everyone had it or can download it from Adobe for free to read your reports. Also, for a pdf converter, www.Primopdf.com has a free version for (yep) free.

Re:Report size too large. ed@RBinfrared 11/13/2008
The .pdf conversion is a great idea. It is an industru "standard" , everyone had it or can download it from Adobe for free to read your reports. Also, for a pdf converter, www.Primopdf.com has a free version for (yep) free.

Re:Report size too large. John B 12/1/2008
You can also shrink digital images within Word. Double-click on the image and you will see a "compress" button.

Report size too large. CNIR 10/6/2009
T. R. wrote:
have suggestions on how to reduce the report size in terms of computer space; i.e. Megabytes. I am using Windows XP Home Ed. with the Thermacam Prof. Ed. 8.2, and anytime I go over 25 pictures(of IR & visual) or so the report causes the operating system to run extremely slow when saving, making changes, and opening the report.
WE HAVE HAD THE SAME ISSUE WITH THE CURRENT REPORT SOFTWARE. SO WE ADOPTED MICROSOFT ACCESS 2007 AND WROTE THE REPORT SOFTWARE IN THE ACCESS 2007 DATABASE. WE CURRENT HAVE THE REPORTS SET SO THAT THE AVERAGE REPORT IS 60-85kB WITH ALL OF THE INFO INCLUDING THE IMPORTED IR PICTURES (150k) & DIGITAL PICTURES (1MB). I HAVE ATTACHED A COPY OF A SAMPLE REPORT. THE ATTACHED PDF COPY IS 400KB AS WE MODIFIED IT FOR THIS POST. WE CAN ALSO IMPORT THE GPS LOCATION & STORE, PRINT & EXPORT THE REPORTS AS PDF'S (AVERAGE FILE SIZE IS 60-80Kb)INCLUDING THE IMBEDED IR & DIGITAL PICTURES AND EXPORT A LIMITED ACCESS DATABASE FOR THE CUSTOMER USE. THE ACCESS DATABASE ALSO EXPORTS AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET WITH ALL THE REPORT INFO (ALL VERSION OF EXCEL & ACCESS CAN ACCESS). WE ALSO INCLUDE GPS INFO INTO THE REPORT.
CNIR

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012