Message Board Thread - "Pillow block"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Pillow block manuel-thermoimagen 11/11/2008
Pillow block from a Refiner pump on a mill paper plant, image to share, any comments about temperature on pillow block?

Re:Pillow block rbushee 11/11/2008
The first think is there grease on the housing in the maked area the grease could be a better emitter, if not I would look to see if there is thinning of the housing in this area and also check the clearence between the housing and the bearing.

Re:Pillow block Lady IR tech 11/15/2008
besure to also check (which I'msure you did) that there is not a reflection from a light source above and to the side of the area. I have seen this several times as a forgotten look back over the shoulder to check.

Otherwise different paint on the pillow block or other substant on it (ie oil, grease, dirt)

Re:Pillow block manuel-thermoimagen 11/28/2008
the pillow block was nice and clean. no excess grease or oil on it

problem was solved checking bolts Torque, was tighted more on one side.

regards

Re:Pillow block Gary Orlove 12/3/2008
With different palette applied

Re:Pillow block skid 12/9/2008
Is it belt driven or direct drive? I had a problem with a pillow block bearing on a fan which was overgreased. The hot spot was on the opposite side away from the belts. If there is too much grease it could be causing the problem although 160 F is a little high but not in the danger zone.

Re:Pillow block manuel-thermoimagen 12/9/2008
skid wrote:
elt driven or direct drive? I had a problem with a pillow block bearing on a fan which was overgreased. The hot spot was on the opposite side away from the belts. If there is too much grease it could be causing the problem although 160 F is a little high but not in the danger zone.
Direct Drive Skid, few days before to installation/maintenance, mechanics lost the torquemeter, so, this was tight more one side.

regards

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012