Message Board Thread - "reporter 8.2 Modify of templates"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
reporter 8.2 Modify of templates manuel-thermoimagen 11/28/2008
Hi..

question about reporter 8.2

would like to know HOW i can Edit a template, make some modifications and save it with another name in order to keep it ready for Very Special Customers who wants bigger Radiometrics images, the Picture image below and to the righ of Radiometric image, more comments..

One important thing: i can do the necesary changes, but when i saved NEWNAMEOFTEMPLATE.DOT does not appears on REPORTER 8.2 available templates when i can selected it.

when i search for the template file created file i found that the filename was saved with .DOT.DOC

Please advice.

Re:reporter 8.2 Modify of templates Tintin 11/28/2008
manuel-thermoimagen wrote:

question about reporter 8.2

would like to know HOW i can Edit a template, make some modifications and save it with another name in order to keep it ready for Very Special Customers who wants bigger Radiometrics images, the Picture image below and to the righ of Radiometric image, more comments..

One important thing: i can do the necesary changes, but when i saved NEWNAMEOFTEMPLATE.DOT does not appears on REPORTER 8.2 available templates when i can selected it.

when i search for the template file created file i found that the filename was saved with .DOT.DOC

Please advice.
Hi Manuel,

When you are going to save it you need to click at "Save As" and choose Word 97-2003 Template
then it will save it as a templatename.DOT file
And if you want it to show you need to save the template in

* Windows 2000 & XP : C:\Documents and Settings\[Your user name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\IR
* Windows 98 & ME : C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\IR
* Windows NT4 : C:\WinNT\Profiles\[Your user name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\IR
* Windows Vista : C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\IR

depending on your OS.

you can have some more information at http://flir.custhelp.com you can even download updates and manuals there.

Re:reporter 8.2 Modify of templates John B 12/1/2008
You could just start with a blank Word document and put in the elements you want. I usually use a header with the machine name and other necessary info, an IR image at the top, and a white light digital image below that. Word lets you enter text boxes, etc. (I would rather use a genuine layout program, like Publisher. But Reporter only works within Word.)
When you have something you like, save it with a name like "Template" and just open and modify it as needed.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012