Message Board Thread - "PVC Roofing Question"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
PVC Roofing Question mkw 11/29/2008
In the regular photo you can see where water has been ponding causing stains on the surface of the PVC. I know that I have a reflectivity issues with the PVC, so I took images in two different locations and I have the same spot on both IR images. My question is; would the stains on the roof and the high reflectivity of the roofing membrane work together to skew the image? Or am I safe to state this area as a thermal anomaly?

Thanks

Re:PVC Roofing Question dandersen 12/1/2008
My question is; would the stains on the roof and the high reflectivity of the roofing membrane work together to skew the image?

Yes.

You are measuring the stain material.
If the scan has the same stain pattern it is the dirt. Clean the roof.

Your pic's did not load.

Re:PVC Roofing Question mkw 12/5/2008
Here's the regular photo.

Re:PVC Roofing Question mkw 12/5/2008
Here's the IR image.

Re:PVC Roofing Question Tucan73 12/9/2008
PVC because of it's surface will give you false IR Readings. The time to do this type of scan is an overcast night with all outside light souces turned off. These conditions will give you the best readings.
The thermogram shown gives me the impression that you may have a true wet area. The anomolie on the far right corner does confirm this reading. But again, conditions will dictate. Also the solar gain withn this type of system is questionable. Heat loss with this type of system will help you get better readings. If it is a concrete deck, this will be evn more difficult.
If you have any questions I can be reached at 4133741461.

Dave Bernier Performing IR studies since 1984.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012