Message Board Thread - "Cost For A Loose Connection"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Cost For A Loose Connection WVLarry 2/22/2009
I have a project for a customer to identify the yearly cost savings of a loose connection. I see where Hal did some analysis in 2005. Are there any updates? My customer uses copper bars 1/2 inch thick by 12 inches wide, and currents up to 2000 amps at a low voltage. Finding loose connections will same them many dollars per year when the anomalies are corrected. But I need to prove this! I would appreciate any help.

Re:Cost For A Loose Connection James Seffrin 2/25/2009
WVLarry wrote:
a project for a customer to identify the yearly cost savings of a loose connection. I see where Hal did some analysis in 2005. Are there any updates? My customer uses copper bars 1/2 inch thick by 12 inches wide, and currents up to 2000 amps at a low voltage. Finding loose connections will same them many dollars per year when the anomalies are corrected. But I need to prove this! I would appreciate any help.
Dear Larry:

Calculating the Value of an Electrical Hotspot is the subject of a recent Tip of the Week at IRINFO.ORG. Access to this Tip is free.

The subject URL is:

http://www.irinfo.org/tip_of_week_2005.html#t10172005

In my 25 years experience as a professional thermographer, I have nevcer been able to justify the cost of an infrared inspection of electrical equipment based upon the energy savings realized from finding and fixing loose electrical connections.

Hope this helps.

Jim Seffrin

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012