Message Board Thread - "OLE Automation for Research to write selected area to Excel"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
OLE Automation for Research to write selected area to Excel JCRonSaratoga 2/24/2009
Hi

I would like to export a selected area from an IR movie to Excel to create a time history of temperatures. Can someone please provide me with or point me to an already completed sample code?

Thanks
Jim

Re:OLE Automation for Research to write selected area to Excel JCRonSaratoga 2/24/2009
JCRonSaratoga wrote:
would like to export a selected area from an IR movie to Excel to create a time history of temperatures. Can someone please provide me with or point me to an already completed sample code?

Thanks
Jim
In the title, I meant so say the Researcher software.

Have A Good Day,
Jim

Re:OLE Automation for Research to write selected area to Excel Raphael ITC Eurasia 2/26/2009
Hi

When you install ThermaCAM Researcher, examples of Excel spreadsheets containing VBA macros are saved on your computer. Depending on your OS, the exact location varies. In the case of Windows XP and Researcher version 2.9, it is under C:\Program Files\FLIR Systems\ThermaCAM Researcher Pro 2.9\Examples.
In this folder, consider for instance the two files named OLEAUT.IRS, and OLEAUT.XLS. The first one contains a researcher session that works with macros contained in an Excel spreadsheet, the second one. The macros are not protected, and editable for the operators to understand how to structure a program.
Consider for instance "GetBoxAreaTemperatures". It transfers the content of a rectangular area in a worksheet. It may serve as a base for what you need.

Then, on the installation CD, there is a PDF files detailing all the Properties and Methods that are available to develop automated programs on ThermaCAM Researcher.

I also suggest you go to the support web page http://flir.custhelp.com. Log in (create an account if you do not have one), and ask a question.

Regards.

Re:OLE Automation for Research to write selected area to Excel JCRonSaratoga 2/26/2009
Raphael ITC Eurasia wrote:
hen you install ThermaCAM Researcher, examples of Excel spreadsheets containing VBA macros are saved on your computer. Depending on your OS, the exact location varies. In the case of Windows XP and Researcher version 2.9, it is under C:\Program Files\FLIR Systems\ThermaCAM Researcher Pro 2.9\Examples.
In this folder, consider for instance the two files named OLEAUT.IRS, and OLEAUT.XLS. The first one contains a researcher session that works with macros contained in an Excel spreadsheet, the second one. The macros are not protected, and editable for the operators to understand how to structure a program.
Consider for instance "GetBoxAreaTemperatures". It transfers the content of a rectangular area in a worksheet. It may serve as a base for what you need.

Then, on the installation CD, there is a PDF files detailing all the Properties and Methods that are available to develop automated programs on ThermaCAM Researcher.

I also suggest you go to the support web page http://flir.custhelp.com. Log in (create an account if you do not have one), and ask a question.

Regards.
Thanks. I did try that, but it did not work with Excel 2007. Is there 3rd party software that can be used with FLIR cameras but is more of a R&D based software? Using FLIR's OLE approach does not seem to be the most efficient way to do things.

Thanks,
Jim

Re:OLE Automation for Research to write selected area to Excel Raphael ITC Eurasia 2/26/2009
JCRonSaratoga wrote:
Thanks. I did try that, but it did not work with Excel 2007. Is there 3rd party software that can be used with FLIR cameras but is more of a R&D based software? Using FLIR's OLE approach does not seem to be the most efficient way to do things.

Thanks,
Jim
Ask the support team for macros that are compatible with office 2007.
If in the end you think you are too limited, ask your dealer for the Software Development Kit SDK.
You'll be able to develop your application. Best language is C++.
Regards.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012