Message Board Thread - "Building Science Course"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Building Science Course gbrady 3/3/2009
I have been a licensed building contractor for 35 years and have a level II certification in thermography. I would welcome any insight as to the value of taking this course? Please contact me at gbrady@townisp.com

Re:Building Science Course gbrady 3/14/2009
I have just completed the building science course taught by Scott Wood at ITC. I was blown away by Scott's knowledge and application of thermography as it relates to Building Science. The excitement level was so intense and the material content so high that we almost did not complete the course. As a contractor for 35 years I am humbled by my lack of knowledge in regards to sustainable building practices. There is currently a paradigm shift in this country and a redefining of "green building". Experts like Scott are helping us to look at Buildings as a system and not just individual components. My complements to Flir systems for being on the "cutting edge" with this course. I sincerely hope that there will be an "advanced" building science course in the near future.
Gerry Brady, www.infrarednewengland.com

Re:Building Science Course Twisted Evil Genius 5/29/2009
I too, have been taught by Mr. Wood. I highly recommend this course. It is more than using a camera. He explains how small items work together as a system in a building environment.

Re:Building Science Course nupi 6/1/2009
Twisted Evil Genius wrote:
have been taught by Mr. Wood. I highly recommend this course. It is more than using a camera. He explains how small items work together as a system in a building environment.
Gentlemen, I am just starting to study thermography, specifically for weatherization. I am scheduled for a course and would like to purchase an IR camera. I have settled on the B50 or B60. Could you advise which one would suffice for home inspection? Funds are limited. Thank you.

Re:Building Science Course gzuni51 6/11/2009
nupi wrote:
Gentlemen, I am just starting to study thermography, specifically for weatherization. I am scheduled for a course and would like to purchase an IR camera. I have settled on the B50 or B60. Could you advise which one would suffice for home inspection? Funds are limited. Thank you.
I would reccomend the B-Cam SD as being both affordable and more than sufficient for home inspections. It is also lite weight and easy to get into tight places larger cameras can't. I usually have more than enough battery life to complete a thorough inspection.I have used mine for over a year and have not found a job yet that would require more camera.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012