Message Board Thread - "Just Starting Out"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Just Starting Out SoCal IR 3/4/2009
I have just recently become a licensed Thermographer with my Level 1 cert. I am currently using the technology in an industrial application but would like to venture out and begin doing home inspections. What type of licensing/ insurance/ legal documentation need to aquire? Someone said that I would need to get my general contractors license & also an inspection license to perform the scans. Also any help with legal concerns that may arrise or possible liability issues can I prepare for. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Re:Just Starting Out SoCal Infrared 3/6/2009
SoCal IR wrote:
just recently become a licensed Thermographer with my Level 1 cert. I am currently using the technology in an industrial application but would like to venture out and begin doing home inspections. What type of licensing/ insurance/ legal documentation need to aquire? Someone said that I would need to get my general contractors license & also an inspection license to perform the scans. Also any help with legal concerns that may arrise or possible liability issues can I prepare for. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
Will be glad to help you, check out a website www.unitedinfrared.com. THere are allot of resources to getting you into business and helping with answers to your questions. As well I have owned a home inspection company for 13 years in addition to being a Level II thermographer.

Now on another topic.....my actual local infrared company is SoCal Infrared (www.socalinfrared.com) or my phone number is 888-SOCALIR so I didn't know if you chose your company name already or if it is same as listed on this board... We operate out of North San Diego area covering Southern California so it might conflict if SoCal IR is your name....

Re:Just Starting Out Ea1Services 3/6/2009
SoCal Infrared wrote:
Will be glad to help you, check out a website www.unitedinfrared.com. THere are allot of resources to getting you into business and helping with answers to your questions. As well I have owned a home inspection company for 13 years in addition to being a Level II thermographer.

Now on another topic.....my actual local infrared company is SoCal Infrared (www.socalinfrared.com) or my phone number is 888-SOCALIR so I didn't know if you chose your company name already or if it is same as listed on this board... We operate out of North San Diego area covering Southern California so it might conflict if SoCal IR is your name....
I smell a plant here

Re:Just Starting Out Ea1Services 3/6/2009
SoCal IR wrote:
just recently become a licensed Thermographer with my Level 1 cert. I am currently using the technology in an industrial application but would like to venture out and begin doing home inspections. What type of licensing/ insurance/ legal documentation need to aquire? Someone said that I would need to get my general contractors license & also an inspection license to perform the scans. Also any help with legal concerns that may arrise or possible liability issues can I prepare for. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
SoCal, contact me by regular email. I sit on the Calif. Coalition of Home Inspectors steering committee and can answer your questions.
Jfrishof@yahoo.com

Re:Just Starting Out SoCal IR 3/26/2009
Ea1Services wrote:
SoCal, contact me by regular email. I sit on the Calif. Coalition of Home Inspectors steering committee and can answer your questions.
Jfrishof@yahoo.com
thanks Ea1Services... you will hear from me soon

Re:Just Starting Out Find-a-Leak 4/1/2009
There is a free book chapter here that specifically outlines one marketing technique to get customers when you are starting out in the IR home inspections business. You can get access to it here... http://howtofindaleak.com/infrared-business-try-before-you-buy.html

That should help you get started.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012