Message Board Thread - "Business License issue"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Business License issue BillW 3/12/2009
I am wondering what business license classification a self-employed thermographer falls under. Here in Alaska, a building inspector must have special training and an expensive specialty license, whereas a carpet cleaner who uses an IR camera for deflooding needs just the standard license. What do most self-employed thermographers do with regards special licensing? Thanks

Re:Business License issue BillW 3/13/2009
BillW wrote:
ndering what business license classification a self-employed thermographer falls under. Here in Alaska, a building inspector must have special training and an expensive specialty license, whereas a carpet cleaner who uses an IR camera for deflooding needs just the standard license. What do most self-employed thermographers do with regards special licensing? Thanks
The question is which NAICS code do you use?

Re:Business License issue InspectorD 3/15/2009
My insurance says I'm a
"Industrial Photographer"
Targeting reducing my liability from HI work which puts me on the hook for 4 years!

Re:Business License issue BillW 3/15/2009
InspectorD wrote:
rance says I'm a
"Industrial Photographer"
Targeting reducing my liability from HI work which puts me on the hook for 4 years!
ok, thanks, that helps, I will keep that in mind. But I am still wondering about the NIACS bus license Code?????????? Anybody have any suggestions? I've contacted the AK State Bus Lic office and the person there was confounded, too.

Re:Business License issue gzuni51 4/1/2009
BillW wrote:
ndering what business license classification a self-employed thermographer falls under. Here in Alaska, a building inspector must have special training and an expensive specialty license, whereas a carpet cleaner who uses an IR camera for deflooding needs just the standard license. What do most self-employed thermographers do with regards special licensing? Thanks
Set up your company as a Building diagnostics company and advertise as a consulting firm. This will allow you to classify yourself as a consultant and give you time to determine if you want to pursue a state issued license. I would recommend that you get the state license as it will help you and make you more credible to potential clients. Good luck

Re:Business License issue BillW 4/1/2009
gzuni51 wrote:
Set up your company as a Building diagnostics company and advertise as a consulting firm. This will allow you to classify yourself as a consultant and give you time to determine if you want to pursue a state issued license. I would recommend that you get the state license as it will help you and make you more credible to potential clients. Good luck
Great ideas, thanks. The NIACS codes are very specific. I'll see if I can make one of them fit the designations that you recommend. Thanks again, bill.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012