Message Board Thread - "weird dot at image"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
weird dot at image Thermoimagen 4/15/2004
Had you ever record an thermal image and later, at the end of day when analize at reporter software discover something that does not appear at pictures??

if you have some interesting history maybe you can share ..

regards

Re:weird dot at image JKEngineer 4/16/2004
Rob -
It might be a bad pixel in the detector.
Jack
Jack M. Kleinfeld, P.E.
Kleinfeld Technical Services, Inc.
Infrared Thermography, Finite Element Analysis, Process Engineering

4011 Hillman Ave
Bronx, NY 10463

718-884-6644
866-884-6644 toll free
212-214-0919 fax and voice mail

JKEngineer@aol.com or JKEngineer@KleinfeldTechnical.com
come see what we can do for you: http://www.KleinfeldTechnical.com

Re:weird dot at image Thermoimagen 4/16/2004
hi MR Kleinfeld !!!

yes, can be bad pixel i am sending the original image (tif format) to your mail, maybe you want to take a look later ..

regards !!

Re:weird dot at image Manuel 11/4/2004
Hi to all ..

i want to share another image with weird dot at image.

regards.

Re:weird dot at image nikreila 11/6/2004
it is a bad pixel on the detector, or a dirt on the lens.

i had it for two times. the first one was due to a dirt on the lens, second one is permanent, still i have it on my every image and i think it is a bad pixel. it appeared after a electric blackout in the lab.

Re:weird dot at image Manuel 11/12/2004
hi to all..
again i came back to inspect the TP's and appears more weird dots, or like you suggest, more bad pixels ..

enjoy the image ..

Re:weird dot at image electricpete 11/13/2004
One would think a bad pixel would show up at the same point in the image each time.

Re:weird dot at image Manuel 11/14/2004
Hi Pet ..
i invite to you and all the collegues to review all your images, dont surprise if you find weird dot at images taken at outdoors.

regards and thanks for your post at this thread.

roberto cruz
thermoimagen
info@thermoimagen.com

Re:weird dot at image manuel-thermoimagen 10/23/2008
another weird image:

Re:weird dot at image T. R. 10/23/2008
When pointed at the sky an infrared camera can detect numerous things. How about a bird/plane on the first picture and a spooky looking cloud on the last picture??
Try checking out the sky(not towards the sun) on a cloudy day.

Re:weird dot at image manuel-thermoimagen 10/26/2008
T. R. wrote:
inted at the sky an infrared camera can detect numerous things. How about a bird/plane on the first picture and a spooky looking cloud on the last picture??
Try checking out the sky(not towards the sun) on a cloudy day.
yes, can be flock of whatever birds, clouds, even a plane, this image was taken at night, you can download it and analize with the quickview image, there you can see the time, hour taken etc. i post this image, due is weird to me. looks like image taken at 1947 by Kenneth Arnold.
http://www.debunker.com/arnold.html

thanks for read this post.

Re:weird dot at image Pelle 10/31/2008

Remember that you are looking at the sky so you are pushing the detector to look at temperatures below it's specifications
i.e. "the Image with levels -29 to -36"
you might actually see minute differences in the Detector array showing up as strange patterns.
Just ignore and adjust the camera to within the Operating parameters and you do not see these patterns.

Pelle

Re:weird dot at image ir electric 11/1/2008
I had this dot show up on two images taken within a minute of each other at slightly different angles. It did not show up on two other images taken 8 minutes before this one. It is the front right leg of a horse.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012