Message Board Thread - "Irisys 1020 Question"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Irisys 1020 Question Ericd3043 9/10/2009
I am a facility manager of an apartment complex and we are looking into purchasing a infrared camera in the near future. I have a small budget to work with and have seen the Irisys 1020 available for under $1000.

We are mainly looking at looking for hot spots in the electric panels, checking for leaks in certain circumstances, checking HVAC issues, etc.

I was wondering:
1) Is this a decent unit for general use?
2) The detector resolution is low 16x16. Is that enough to be able to identify what is being looked at?

We originally looked at a FLIR I5, but the 3K for the cost was a little out of our range. Any suggestions?

Re:Irisys 1020 Question dargen430 9/10/2009
Ericd3043 wrote:
facility manager of an apartment complex and we are looking into purchasing a infrared camera in the near future. I have a small budget to work with and have seen the Irisys 1020 available for under $1000.

We are mainly looking at looking for hot spots in the electric panels, checking for leaks in certain circumstances, checking HVAC issues, etc.

I was wondering:
1) Is this a decent unit for general use?
2) The detector resolution is low 16x16. Is that enough to be able to identify what is being looked at?

We originally looked at a FLIR I5, but the 3K for the cost was a little out of our range. Any suggestions?
Hi,

I wanted to let you know that the list price for the i5 has now dropped to $1995. We also have some demo models we are selling for $1850. Both would include a 2 year warranty. The i5 is entry level with an 80 x 80 resolution, but has 24X the pixel count as the 1020. If either of these options work for you, please let me know at steve.chisholm@flir.com or call us at 1-800-464-6372.

Steve Chisholm
FLIR

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012