Message Board Thread - "Which camera to buy?"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Which camera to buy? faye 12/7/2009
Can anyone help me with some advice regarding which camera to buy to use for imaging horses. So far i have found and been recommended the Raz IR Nano, the Tough Cam EL and cameras from a firm called Trotec that do the IC range of cameras. My budget at this stage is limited so i can't spend on a camera such as the FLIR that i would really like!! I don't know which camera is best as so far i only have what the sales guts have told me to go on. Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Re:Which camera to buy? jvoitl 12/7/2009
Try this. Would be helpful to take a level 1 course first to understand more about what you are going to buy.

http://www.flir.com/uploadedFiles/Thermography/MMC/Brochures/T559242/T559242_EN.pdf

Re:Which camera to buy? enginear05 12/8/2009
faye wrote:
one help me with some advice regarding which camera to buy to use for imaging horses. So far i have found and been recommended the Raz IR Nano, the Tough Cam EL and cameras from a firm called Trotec that do the IC range of cameras. My budget at this stage is limited so i can't spend on a camera such as the FLIR that i would really like!! I don't know which camera is best as so far i only have what the sales guts have told me to go on. Any help would be gratefully recieved.
I am curious about this too. I just bought the I7. I am not a vet, but do own 2 horses. I bought the camera to do elec. mech, and home inspections.
I used it on my horses, and believe if they did have any issues, i could have seen it with the I7 by FLIR. I have an I60 at work, and for $7000. it isnt much better than the I7 i bought for $2700. If you can find a vet who has done this, you may find your answer.
But I love the I7..

Re:Which camera to buy? faye 12/13/2009
I have already completed a course specific to equine imaging. The course tutor recomends a Flir camera but at the hefty price of around £18k. There seem to be plenty of other cameras on the market but it seems to be hard to find independant reviews.

Re:Which camera to buy? SoCal Infrared 12/15/2009
faye wrote:
already completed a course specific to equine imaging. The course tutor recomends a Flir camera but at the hefty price of around £18k. There seem to be plenty of other cameras on the market but it seems to be hard to find independant reviews.
We operate a training course on Equine Thermography www.equineir.com and have many members including out of (US) country. We recommend to all our members the Flir T300 for equine use primarily due to the articulating lens. You will find when imaging the back of the horse, it is very difficult with certain cameras to view the screen without having to be on a 6 foot ladder. Now, most of the imagers do not have a video out so you cannot use an external screen without buying the high end cameras.....something to consider.. If you would like to build your business with Equine Thermography, you might want to have a look at our training. Our next course will be Jan 6-9th in Orlando, FL.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012