Message Board Thread - "Tank monitoring"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Tank monitoring Eric Dupuis 1/12/2010
Hi,
is anyone aware of good articles about using infrared gas detection camera for storage tank monitoring on refineries?

Or ever tried a gasfindIR or equivalent on tanks.
How a gasfindIR will compare to active method (Sherlock)

Thank you

Re:Tank monitoring Andy Whitcher 3/19/2010
The GasFindIR or GF320 gives excellent results on floating roof and fixed roof storage tanks. I have good experience doing this but of course the client does not want to share the videos!

Re:Tank monitoring Wes Crawford 4/9/2010
We use the GasFind IR on all external floating roof tanks. It works very well to identify open vacuum breakers.

Re:Tank monitoring Eric Dupuis 4/16/2010
Wes Crawford wrote:
the GasFind IR on all external floating roof tanks. It works very well to identify open vacuum breakers.
I agree, I had very good results on vacuum breakers and seals (open floating roof tanks).

Re:Tank monitoring Joshua Anhalt 8/25/2010
Eric Dupuis wrote:
anyone aware of good articles about using infrared gas detection camera for storage tank monitoring on refineries?

Or ever tried a gasfindIR or equivalent on tanks.
How a gasfindIR will compare to active method (Sherlock)

Thank you
Hi Eric,

We have had excellent success using the GasFind to locate the source of sour emissions from oil & gas tank farms. Quite often VRU's on these tank farms are not operating properly and require tuning. Usually you can gauge the proper operation of the VRU bases on what is seen through the camera lens.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012