Message Board Thread - "Factory Heat Reduction"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Factory Heat Reduction krol 5/21/2010
Hi..i am working in Machining factory where temperature inside bulding are from 95 - 101 F. Ventilators already install but only taking out coolant mist and not much reducing the temperature. Outside temp is 97 F. I am now doing study to install centralised spot cooler but before that want to make thorough study on the current air change, identify heat source etc.
Has anybody got an idea what points/area shall i start first using my IR camera?
Has anybody got experience on this. I am working in Asean. TQ

Re:Factory Heat Reduction Gary Orlove 6/2/2010
I would certainly look into installing a "cool roof" system. This will reduce temperatures of the roofing system, and consequently reduce interior temperatures as well, all without mechanical refrigeration.

Then add mechanical refrigeration as needed.

Use your IR camera to scan the interior roof and ceiling to find hot areas where cooling might be most effective.

Re:Factory Heat Reduction krol 6/2/2010
Gary Orlove wrote:
certainly look into installing a "cool roof" system. This will reduce temperatures of the roofing system, and consequently reduce interior temperatures as well, all without mechanical refrigeration.

Then add mechanical refrigeration as needed.

Use your IR camera to scan the interior roof and ceiling to find hot areas where cooling might be most effective.
thanks for your opinion.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012