Message Board Thread - "Plumbing inspection"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Plumbing inspection tonys plumbing 6/4/2010
Hello fellow members,

I have a Flir I7, which I have been using as a plumbing tool, very successfully. I want to tap into the the plumbing pre-purchase house inspection market. Can anyone suggest some marketing or advertising tips?

Thanks

Tony

Re:Plumbing inspection Vegas Mike 7/7/2010
tonys plumbing wrote:
ellow members,

I have a Flir I7, which I have been using as a plumbing tool, very successfully. I want to tap into the the plumbing pre-purchase house inspection market. Can anyone suggest some marketing or advertising tips?
Thanks

Tony
Hi Tony, I live in Las Vegas, and own a home inspection business. I have been using my FLIR and FLUKE cameras for almost 2 years now for home inspections. I use them specifically, and market them as a water leak tool. My business trippled acress the board when I added this tool to my inspections. I find water in the walls, among other things, and use the FLIR images to follow with standard "visual" home inspector tools, and ultimately refer a plumber to support the findings.
I market directly to the realtors, since they recommend to buyers what services to use. I use an email flyer, much like the one ITC uses here, to contact all the realtors in my area (17,000). This mailer is responsible for approx. 60% of my current business.
I get my realtor list from the local listing of realtors, which should be available at the governing body for realtor licensing in your state. Here it is the Division of Business and Industry, Real Estate Division. Feel free to contact me with additional questions. This is an amazing inspection tool, which I use for plumbing inspections with much success.
Vegas Mike

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012