Message Board Thread - "Video Recording from Flir PM695 - HElp"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Video Recording from Flir PM695 - HElp pcm ir man 6/9/2010
I am trying to record from the video output from the PM695 to a Laptop using Windows Movie Maker and a Belkin High speed USB 2.0 DVD Creator Adaptor. I have done this once before using the same PM695 Video output lead & Belkin High speed USB 2.0 DVD Creator adaptor. I am having a lot of problems getting the Video to record in a Color pallet, every time i try i only appear to be getting Black & White displayed in the preview and in the recorded Video. I have tried changing the color pallets on the camera, also have proved the vid output from the camera is color/pallet and that it changes with the pallet change by connecting to a basic display monitor. The PM695 records in both NTSC & PAL so have only loaded PAL drivers on at this stage.But i have also tried settings in Windows Movie maker - still wont work.
Has anyone got any ideas why it wont work. ??

Thanks in advance.

Re:Video Recording from Flir PM695 - HElp IRJay 6/9/2010
This needs to be NTSC coming from the camera. With this in PAL the color signal is not interpreted correctly and will default to gray. I have been able to successfully record from the 695 or this series of camera but the settings must be NTSC.

Re:Video Recording from Flir PM695 - HElp pcm ir man 6/9/2010
Thanks. I will give it a go and load the NTSC drivers.

Re:Video Recording from Flir PM695 - HElp pcm ir man 6/9/2010
Ok. i tried loading the NTSC drivers. No change still displaying in grey.

Looked into the Video output settings in the camera/PM695 and i can only find Video Output = PAL. their isnt a method to chage this output.

I find this strange since i know i have had it working once before.. Anyone else got any ideas

Re:Video Recording from Flir PM695 - HElp zsink 7/19/2010
Sorry, but i'm gonna piggyback on your thread. I'm trying to do a similar thing with my Inframetrics 740 still camera, but it has a BNC output. do you think i could use the same Belkin usb adapter if i first got a cable that converts BNC to RCA?
thanks.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012