Message Board Thread - "Roof Inspecions "

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Roof Inspecions Mlopes 7/23/2010
Hi
does anyone has experience in roof inspections ? Or paper about that ! I have a client that has water below roof membrane is there a protocol for this type of inspection.
Thank´s
ML

Re:Roof Inspections Gary Orlove 7/23/2010
ASTM has a standard on this application.
C 1153 – 97: Standard Practice for Location of Wet Insulation in Roofing Systems Using Infrared Imaging

Available at http://www.astm.org/

Gary Orlove
Infrared Training Center

Re:Roof Inspecions Mlopes 7/23/2010
Thank´s as practice what is the best way and assured way to do the survey . Normally i do only electric inspections but now i have to go to building´s .
in this case the roof is made of a membrane and below cement and I need to now is there is water below?? Can you help creating a method for inspections some people say inspect 09:00, 13:00 and at last 20:00 ? Is that right.

Is someone has information pleas send to rebotea@gmail.com

Thank you

Re:Roof Inspecions fireplug45 7/24/2010
Gary...... does your standards follow the ASTM standards?

Re:Roof Inspecions James Seffrin 7/26/2010
Mlopes wrote:
s anyone has experience in roof inspections ? Or paper about that ! I have a client that has water below roof membrane is there a protocol for this type of inspection.
Thank´s
ML
Dear ML:

The Standard for Infrared Inspection of Insulated Roofs outlines practices and procedures for specifying and safely performing infrared inspections of insulated roofing systems. The standard covers procedures for both ground based and aerial inspections.

This comprehensive 11 page document defines the roles of all persons involved in the inspection including the End User, Thermographer, and Qualified Assistant. It also specifies report content for properly documenting infrared inspections along with requirements for verifying infrared data.

Available in PDF format for $25 USD from Infraspection Institute at the following URL:

http://store03.prostores.com/servlet/infraspectionstore/the-5/Standard-for-Infrared-Inspection/Detail

Hope this helps.

Jim Seffrin

Re:Roof Inspecions Mlopes 7/27/2010
Thank you

i will take a look.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012