Message Board Thread - "T250 or EX320 - which would you rather have?"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
T250 or EX320 - which would you rather have? cw2324 8/9/2010
I'm just looking for opinions from thermographers out there who are familiar with both of these models. The EX320 was my dream camera a couple of years ago when I was ready to purchase, but I got talked out of it by the sales rep, and ended up with the T250. Is my despair, regret, and anger over this justified, or is there some reason that I should be pleased to have spent more money on lower resolution?

Re:T250 or EX320 - which would you rather have? SoCal Infrared 8/10/2010
cw2324 wrote:
t looking for opinions from thermographers out there who are familiar with both of these models. The EX320 was my dream camera a couple of years ago when I was ready to purchase, but I got talked out of it by the sales rep, and ended up with the T250. Is my despair, regret, and anger over this justified, or is there some reason that I should be pleased to have spent more money on lower resolution?
You are doing just fine......Good news, you can upgrade your camera to the same resolution for like $1500.... The EX320 is a discontinued module but was a great camera in its time...The T250 has so many other features including voice and text (The EX320 has text but it is limited) I have owned both, currently use a T400...

Re:T250 or EX320 - which would you rather have? cw2324 8/10/2010
SoCal Infrared wrote:
You are doing just fine......Good news, you can upgrade your camera to the same resolution for like $1500.... The EX320 is a discontinued module but was a great camera in its time...The T250 has so many other features including voice and text (The EX320 has text but it is limited) I have owned both, currently use a T400...
Grrrr. Of course you use a T400.

Re:T250 or EX320 - which would you rather have? RBurney 2/20/2011
I have to agree with you. I use a EX320 and I have been very satisfied with it, with it's durability (I have dropped it at least three times) and I love it't resolution and hi-temp reading.

Voice, text annotations IMHO are fluffy stuff. Accuracy, control, resolution are supreme.

The only features I wish I had were:
* SD card (the EX320 only holeds 100 images)
* pivoting screen
* visible camera

But these are secondary to the resolution and thermal sensitivity.

Good luck!

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012