Message Board Thread - "Reflected apparent temperature in furnace"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Reflected apparent temperature in furnace Luis de Neuquen 9/16/2010
Reflected apparent temperature
Vertical cylindrical furnace, how do you define the apparent temperature reflected? In practice it is difficult to me to define that value as the system is not uniform and the calculation carried out is different for different parts of the cylindrical furnace. Is it right to take as the maximum value reflected apparent temperature calculated? In what area should calculate the reflected apparent temperature?
Thanks

Re:Reflected apparent temperature in furnace Gary Orlove 9/17/2010
This is a complex subject. Please see my post at the link below.

http://irinformir.blogspot.com/2010/09/furnace-and-heater-tube-inspections.html

Re:Reflected apparent temperature in furnace Luis de Neuquen 1/21/2011
Gary Orlove wrote:
a complex subject. Please see my post at the link below.

http://irinformir.blogspot.com/2010/09/furnace-and-heater-tube-inspections.html
Thanks for your comment. At this time I encounter another problem after having made several experiments. The procedure described in your blog is the one I use for inspections in ovens but nevertheless there is a fact not mentioned is the ambient temperature. Vertical cylindrical furnaces the ambient temperature is very different from the reflected apparent temperature, for inspection in AGEMA ovens use a 550, this device allows entry only reflected apparent temperature, but the analysis software can also enter the ambient temperature If I enter different values of the ambient temperature the calculated temperature of the tube skin vary greatly. My question is: what is the correct value for the ambient temperature of the oven?, "reflected the apparent temperature is different along the tube?. From already thank you very much. I hope to be clear, because my English is not very good.

Re:Reflected apparent temperature in furnace Gary Orlove 1/21/2011
The atmospheric temperature, relative humidity, and distance settings are used to correct for loss through a normal sea level mix of gases and temperatures.

When using a camera to look through furnace or heater gases using the 3.9 ┬Ám flame filter, you are looking at a spectral window where gases very minimally affect the IR image. So set the distance to 1 meter and don't worry about the other settings, use the default values.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012