Message Board Thread - "Thoughts prleas"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Thoughts prleas The identifier 9/22/2010
Can any of you good people offer advice on the below image taken inside a care home roughly 20years old plaster board..painted. many of the internal walls have the same thermal patterns. All images are from the inside...some of the walls see the sun on the outside some are dividing walls between rooms..No sign of moisture.

Re:Thoughts prleas JKEngineer 9/22/2010
This may be a pattern of glue spots between either the top surface material and the underlying material or between two layers deeper in the wall.
Jack
Jack M. Kleinfeld, P.E.
Kleinfeld Technical Services, Inc.
Infrared Thermography, Finite Element Analysis, Process Engineering

Bronx, NY 10463

718-884-6644
866-884-6644 toll free
212-214-0919 fax and voice mail

JKEngineer@aol.com or JKEngineer@KleinfeldTechnical.com
come see what we can do for you: http://www.KleinfeldTechnical.com

Re:Thoughts prleas dryfix 10/7/2010
Dot and dabs drywall adhesive, used to adhear the plasterboard to the wall.

The adhesive creates a thermal bridge resulting in cool spot signature.

Re:Thoughts prleas Eric Johnson 10/7/2010
Both the above are correct. Glue is frequently used to eliminate fasteners in wallboard. This simplifies finishing and minimizes fastener issues typical with drywall and plasterboard. The glue transfers heat, in this case away from the surface creating cold spots wherever the glue is. This is a great example.

Re:Thoughts prleas 360 Degrees 10/7/2010
The identifier wrote:
of you good people offer advice on the below image taken inside a care home roughly 20years old plaster board..painted. many of the internal walls have the same thermal patterns. All images are from the inside...some of the walls see the sun on the outside some are dividing walls between rooms..No sign of moisture.
These are the fasteners for EIFS - Exterior Insulation and Finishing Systems. I bet the farm this house has used this system!
The pic I have posted is from the exterior…

Re:Thoughts prleas dms 10/11/2010
I agree with both comments.Adhesive was used to secure GBW to a exterior wall we had a similar project with the same results. also agree with the EFIS wall image and was a common practice 20 years ago.

Re:Thoughts prleas k.anderson3454 11/11/2010
Yup. I really do think it's glue.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012