Message Board Thread - "School Gym Floor"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
School Gym Floor aarchibald 10/8/2010
I was asked by the local school district to look into doing a thermo scan of a gymnasium floor as there is suspicion of a small water pipe leak underneath it.

Since I am still relativly new to the thermoscan world, I was wondering whats the best way to go about looking for the leak?

Should I tell them to turn the heat on for X period of time, and then when I go to do the scan tell them to turn the heat off and let the room cool down, sort or the same theory in doing roof scans?

any help would greatly be appreciated.

thanks

Re:School Gym Floor Gary Orlove 10/8/2010
I would ask that the water be turned off to the gymnasium and the temperature of the gym turned up and held constant for 24 hours.

Bring in the IR camera, and then have them turn on the water (I assume this is cold water) and look over the floor with the IR camera as this is done and hopefully you will see a thermal pattern appear. You might have to wait a while for this to happen.

Re:School Gym Floor aarchibald 10/8/2010
Gary Orlove wrote:
ask that the water be turned off to the gymnasium and the temperature of the gym turned up and held constant for 24 hours.

Bring in the IR camera, and then have them turn on the water (I assume this is cold water) and look over the floor with the IR camera as this is done and hopefully you will see a thermal pattern appear. You might have to wait a while for this to happen.
Ok i will suggest them to do that.

Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.

not sure if it makes a difference but the florring is hardwood, and there is evidence that moisture is there as the wood is buckling up.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012