Message Board Thread - "Termite Tunnel im wall"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Termite Tunnel im wall Termite2233 11/13/2010
This home was a home I have under contract for the last 4 years, slab is perfect on the outside, I was just showing off the camers, and I found this, oopps,,, it was about 50 degress outside,

Re:Termite Tunnel im wall Termite2233 11/13/2010
Yes I treated again, just goes to show what this IR can do,,

Mark Sullivan
Mark's Exterminating
225-938-4389

Re:Termite Tunnel im wall Termite2233 11/13/2010
This was the first image that I picked up, still have no clue what this was, and when I brought the camera up thats when I saw the tunnel, there was no connection with the 2, was a corner was, north side @ 9:30 or so in the am

Re:Termite Tunnel im wall seamus 12/3/2010
What kind of wall are you showing in that image? I have some doubts that it is a "termite tunnel". Termites pretty much always eat with the grain. If we are talking subterranean termites, the tunnel could be shaped like that.

Re:Termite Tunnel im wall Hill Top TI 12/3/2010
Termite2233 wrote:
s the first image that I picked up, still have no clue what this was, and when I brought the camera up thats when I saw the tunnel, there was no connection with the 2, was a corner was, north side @ 9:30 or so in the am
The bottom picture looks as if someone had cut out a hole in the insulation for an outlet box or someone has stepped on it or compressed it some how at that spot.

Re:Termite Tunnel im wall Hill Top TI 12/3/2010
Termite2233 wrote:
s the first image that I picked up, still have no clue what this was, and when I brought the camera up thats when I saw the tunnel, there was no connection with the 2, was a corner was, north side @ 9:30 or so in the am
The bottom picture looks as if someone had cut out a hole in the insulation for an outlet box or someone has stepped on it or compressed the insulation some how at that spot.

Re:Termite Tunnel im wall sambryks 12/3/2010
Termite2233 wrote:
comment about termites eat with the grain..
depends on which species.. need to be more specific.
can't tell from image as to what type of wall..
panelling on studs or what?
using infrared for insect detection is fairly new, and we need more images with confirmation of findings, so users can look for familiar patterns.. would be great if this were more reliable and the only way that will happen is with experience and verifying images and documentation.
otherwise it is a guessing game ...

Re:Termite Tunnel im wall sambryks 12/3/2010
sambryks wrote:
comment about termites eat with the grain..
depends on which species.. need to be more specific.
can't tell from image as to what type of wall..
panelling on studs or what?
using infrared for insect detection is fairly new, and we need more images with confirmation of findings, so users can look for familiar patterns.. would be great if this were more reliable and the only way that will happen is with experience and verifying images and documentation.
otherwise it is a guessing game ...
but it sure does have the irregularity that is familiar with termite tube tunnels.

Re:Termite Tunnel im wall Termite2233 12/3/2010
sambryks wrote:
but it sure does have the irregularity that is familiar with termite tube tunnels.
Yes it was Native Subs

Termite2233 wrote:
Yes it was Native Subs
I was outside the other night and was in total black, playing with settings, looked over a tree that was about 40 feet away,, and camera picked this up,,, goy closer & pulled out flash light,,, if you look close at the digital you can see the termite tunnels

Termite2233 wrote:
I was outside the other night and was in total black, playing with settings, looked over a tree that was about 40 feet away,, and camera picked this up,,, goy closer & pulled out flash light,,, if you look close at the digital you can see the termite tunnels
same

Termite2233 wrote:
same
rainbow

Termite2233 wrote:
rainbow
digital
same

digital

Termite2233 wrote:
l
The first photo is native Subs running the sheetrock,,

Re:Termite Tunnel im wall sambryks 12/4/2010
when you say "native subs"... i guess you mean Reticulitermes flavipes... subterranean.
we don't that term up here as they are not actually "native" to this area, but were imported here in the 30's .. some infested wood that was left somewhere in the Toronto Waterfront and has infested many hundreds of blocks sinc then.. sometimes found in trees in the city but never reported in natural forest up here yet..
the pics behind the sheetrock very interesting. the digital ones not very sharp ..
but good stuff...

Re:Termite Tunnel im wall Termite2233 12/5/2010
I was at a bag angle on the digital, plus there was a brown recluse spider hiding in the bottom of the tree, didnt want to get bit,,,lol

Re:Termite Tunnel im wall Termite2233 12/5/2010
I was at a bag angle on the digital, plus there was a brown recluse spider hiding in the bottom of the tree, didnt want to get bit,,,lol

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012