Message Board Thread - "Which thermography certification to go with?"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Which thermography certification to go with? Mobius01 12/1/2010
I need some advice on picking the right training program. My goal is to be able to inspect residential homes for heat loss and insulation inconsistencies along with moisture problems.

I am debating between:

1. Level I Certified Building Investigations
2. Level I Thermography Training
3. Level I - Thermal Imaging for Energy Audits - Certification Course Description

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re:Which thermography certification to go with? ITC - Canada 12/1/2010
The Level I Certified Building Investigations and Thermal Imaging for Energy Audits are the same course. The Cert Bldg is the course name in Canada while the Thermal Imaging course is the name in the US.

I would recommend the above course(s) for your application

Re:Which thermography certification to go with? Gary Orlove 12/1/2010
Level I Certified Building Investigations and Level I - Thermal Imaging for Energy Audits - Certification Course are really the same course with different names for the Canadian and US markets respectively.

Either of those courses is the best choice for your application intentions.

The standard Level I is more focussed on industrial condition monitoring.

Re:Which thermography certification to go with? Mobius01 12/1/2010
Thanks Guys,

So I think I should go with the Level I Certified Building Investigations. And just to be sure that will give you the "thermographer" designation, correct?

Also, I do have the outline for this course but I wanted to be sure that this couse will also help in distinguishing between an insulation problem vs a moisture leak, correct?

Do they also cover how to use the moisture meter in this course?

If not doesnt any one know of a chart/table available for our use that will help us to interprit the readings off of different materials?

Thanks

The designation you recieve is Level I Certified Building Investgations Thermographer. The course has been designed to meet the educational requirements as set out in ASNT's document - SNT-TC-1A.

The course will provide you with information to assist in the identification of, and the difference in, moisture and air leakage problems. Moisture meters are definetly discussed in the class as a verification tool.

I hope this information has helped.

Re:Which thermography certification to go with? Mobius01 12/1/2010
ITC - Canada wrote:
ignation you recieve is Level I Certified Building Investgations Thermographer. The course has been designed to meet the educational requirements as set out in ASNT's document - SNT-TC-1A.

The course will provide you with information to assist in the identification of, and the difference in, moisture and air leakage problems. Moisture meters are definetly discussed in the class as a verification tool.

I hope this information has helped.
Very nice, thank you.

I know that next training session for Level I Certified Building Investigations is from Dec 6th through Dec 9th which I am unable to attend.

Do you know when the next after that is scheduled for?

Thanks

The next classes are as follows:

Feb 28 - March 3 in French, in Montreal
March 28 - 31, in English, in the Toronto area

If you go to www.flir.com/thg, you can download the current training calendar for ITC Canada

See you in class!

Re:Which thermography certification to go with? Gary Orlove 12/2/2010
There is also a course in Feb. See below.

Feb 07-Feb 10, 11 Boston, MA
Apr 18-Apr 21, 11 Astoria, OR TBD
May 10-May 13, 11 Boston, MA

Re:Which thermography certification to go with? Mobius01 12/2/2010
Gary Orlove wrote:
s also a course in Feb. See below.

Feb 07-Feb 10, 11 Boston, MA
Apr 18-Apr 21, 11 Astoria, OR TBD
May 10-May 13, 11 Boston, MA

Yeah, thanks. Its a 10 hr drive to Boston from here. Plus, I am not sure if they give me a discounted price on the course offered in the US with a camera purchase.

BTW, where did you find these dates. Do they have a separate calendar for the courses offered in the US?

I have been following:

http://www.flir.com/thermography/americas/ca/content/?id=14682

Re:Which thermography certification to go with? Gary Orlove 12/7/2010
The calendar on this site

http://www.infraredtraining.com/courses/course_calendar.asp

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012