Target Emission Services (TARGET) is a leading fugitive emission management service provider. We provide a full range of Fugitive Emission Management services to the Energy and Petrochemical Industries. We specialize in providing our clients with facility inspections that meet EPA Subpart W requirements (40 CFR Part 98, Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases: Petroleum and Natural Gas Systems). Our experience and innovative technologies provide efficient detection and accurate measurement of hydrocarbon fugitive emissions. We help our clients to reduce GHG emissions, improve health and safety, maximize profits and maintain regulatory compliance.
TARGET specializes in the use of infrared thermal (optical) imaging video cameras to locate hydrocarbon gas emissions. Optical emission detection is a relatively new technology that has been developed to provide rapid, accurate and safe identification of fugitive gas emissions. This technology enables the operator to "see" emissions of hydrocarbon gas (methane, propane, butane, aromatics, etc) that are normally invisible.
TARGET currently has an opportunity for a Fugitive Emission (FE) Technician. The successful candidate will work as part of a Fugitive Emission Assessment Team. These teams are responsible for performing inspections on various types of facilities in the Oil and Gas Industry to identify and quantify hydrocarbon gas leaks and vents.
The ideal person will have an intimate understanding of oil and gas field operations (experience working in an O&G facility would be a definite asset) and have experience in performing hydrocarbon fugitive emission and /or leak detection projects. Our office is located in Houston; however, this opportunity is a 100% field position and will require extensive travel throughout the USA. This position will focus on our clients in the USA (EPA Subpart W compliance) but may also require occasional travel to work on projects in Canada or other international locations. The FE Technician will report to the FE Team Lead. The successful candidate will be required to take a number of safety training courses prior to initiating any field activities (CPR/1St Aid, H2S Alive, WHIMIS/TDG, Fall Protection etc.). Any candidates that already have valid training tickets will be given preference. This position includes a comprehensive safety and technical training program (both field and office based). This position offers a unique opportunity to join a successful Environmental Engineering firm and work with a industry leading technologies used to detect and measure methane gas emissions.
As we are a fast growing company, a successful candidate has opportunities to advance into a Team Lead or Project Manager positions.
• Assisting in coordinating and navigating to various facilities with maps and GPS,
• Helping to calibrate and maintain equipment,
• Using various detection and measurement technologies under the supervision of the FE Team Lead,
• Collecting and recording emission data,
• Preparing field reports as required.
• Understanding of EPA Subpart W Fugitive Emission Monitoring requirements
• Knowledge/experience on US EPA and ASTM stack testing methodologies is an asset
• Experience in Oil and Gas industry (preference given to candidates with natural gas processing/transmission facility experience)
• Effective computer skills and ability to work 12 hour shifts (days only).
• Ability to walk and/or stand while handling/carrying various technical equipment for extended periods of time
• Comfortable occasionally working at heights in a safe manner.
• Willingness to travel.
• Valid driver’s license
• Preference will be given to candidates with B.S. Degree in Engineering or applicable technical degree/diploma education, and those with related work experience in hydrocarbon detection and measurement, LDAR, instrumentation or stack emission testing.