Thermography for Home Inspectors
Tuition: $95 USD
Format: On-Demand / Self-Paced Learning
Missing, damaged, or inadequate insulation, building envelope air leaks, moisture intrusion, and substandard work are costly to residential and commercial building owners. This introductory course will explain how thermography can be used for home inspections to aid in the detection of faults such as moisture intrusion, missing insulation, construction deficiencies, etc.
- Summarize the best conditions under which to find moisture
- Discuss other instrumentation to help confirm the presence of moisture
- Distinguish the temperature patterns associated with insulation deficiencies
- Identify common air movement thermal patterns.
- Explain how air moves through a house when stack effect is the driving force
- Discuss other equipment that is commonly used during an air leakage investigation
- Describe how heat is produced at a trouble spot in an electrical system.
- List three application areas of structural studies
- Describe how dynamic heating and cooling is useful for studying high-mass structure